Ultimate Reset Week 1 Favorite Dinner recipe - Zucchini-Cashew Soup and Salad
Recipe type: Dinner
The name might not sound that great but I really loved this one! I am not a big fan of soups or salads and I almost licked my bowl clean. It's so easy to make and there's no cooking except for steaming the zucchini, which only takes a few minutes. We used the magic bullet (blender) make this soup - it was perfect! Take notice: It requires 1 hour to soak the cashews in water prior to making the soup
- 1 large or 2 small zucchini, cut into chunks and steamed
- ¼ cup raw cashews
- Himalayan salt or Bragg Liquid Aminos (to taste)
- Herbal seasoning or fresh herbs, like basil or dill (optional; to taste)
- Steamed vegetables
- (optional; for chunky soup)
- ¼ cup shredded carrot
- ¼ cup chopped cucumber
- ¼ cup sliced red bell pepper
- ¼ cup sprouts (like radish, alfalfa, or broccoli)
- ¼ cup chopped tomato
- ¼ cup chopped jicama
- Fresh herbs (like basil, cilantro, parsley, dill)
- ⅓ cup toasted seeds and nuts (like cashews, pecans, pumpkin seeds, or sunflower seeds)
- Preparing the Soup:
- Soak cashews in enough water to cover for 1 hour; drain.
- Combine cashews, zucchini, salt OR aminos, and seasonings in blender and mix until smooth, adding water as needed for desired consistency. Pour into saucepan and reheat gently, but do not boil. (We skipped this step and it was fine!)
- For chunky soup, add steamed chopped vegetables of your choice. Can also be served cold.
- Preparing the Microgreen Salad:
- In most produce sections, you can find bulk or bagged mixed baby greens, which may include lettuces, baby kale, mizuna, radicchio, etc. these are perfect.